Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fine.

Do you remember as a kid having the phone ring while your mom was yelling at you? As she stops to answer the phone [You know, the one with the rotary dial that requires you to stay close...because it has a cord], she smiles the pr smile and warmly says, "Hello," giving no indication whatsoever that a homicide has just been prevented. Barely.

Technology just might promote child abuse. [You know I'm kidding, right?]

No need to fake it via email, tweet, or text. And with emoticons, you can :) on screen while making a vile look that includes carnal hissing. Not to mention having the option to edit, delete, repost and recall.

We choose the pictures that we post. And really, I'm grateful. I'm seriously not interested in the instant replay of you picking your nose or eating peanut butter straight out of the jar. Or worse: doing both.

For so many reasons, I'm glad that we edit.

But then again, maybe not.

What about the friend having a rough weekend who says she's fine? Sucks to not know. Sucks even more when you're the one having the rough weekend and you think you are the only one who ever does.

Again.

Still.

So, for the record, my weekend was happy, sad, and incredibly ordinary. Smiles mixed with tears; success mixed with failure.

Somehow there is a completeness to it all. And if you ask me how I'm doing, I'm fine. :)

How are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment